CHCAA Scholarship Minimum Criteria
Open to African American graduating high school female and male students
- Currently enrolled in a high school in Orange County Schools, Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools or Chatham County Schools (Chapel Hill-Carrboro Area Alumnae Chapter service area)
- Submission of transcript which shows: Minimum GPA: 3.5 requirement for applicants of the Ishna Hall Memorial Scholarship ($2,500) Award Minimum GPA of 3.0 for applicants of the Chapel Hill-Carrboro Area Alumnae Scholarship ($500 – $1,000)
- SAT score of 1,000 or above or ACT composite of 23 or above
- Attend a four year institution of higher education in the USA within the graduating year
- Two letters of recommendation from a classroom teacher and a community service supervisor attesting to character, academic achievement, leadership, and community service
- Well documented proof of a mimimum of 23 community service hours for the Ishna Hall Memorial Scholarship and documentation of community service activities for others
- Interview date, March 21, 2020, 8 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
Applications and additional information is available at your guidance counselor’s office and on our website, www.chcaa-dst.org.
Submission for applications is closed.
Applications are also available at your guidance counselor’s office.
For more information, please contact your school guidance counselor or email email@example.com or call 919-265-3947.