BREAST HEALTH AWARENESS: WHAT YOU CAN DO TO REDUCE YOUR RISKS.
- Take a good look at your diet. Cut back on fatty foods and increase fresh vegetables, especially cruciferous vegetables, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, and brussels sprouts lower the risk.
- Consider weight loss if appropriate. Not only will this decrease breast cancer risk but will also reduce the risk of other medical conditions such as high blood pressure and diabetes.
- Get up and move! Regular exercise helps with weight which can reduce your breast cancer risk by 18%. Don’t smoke.
- Be diligent in doing monthly self-breast exams. It is important that your let your doctor know if anything looks or feels different in the meantime.
- Get annual mammograms. It is the best way to identify changes in the breast and early detection is essential to a cure.
For more information, click here.