Chair: Ann Wilkerson
Co-Chair: Hazel Gibbs
2020 Scholarship Applications Now Being Accepted Until Feb. 21, 2020.
Applications and additional information is available at your guidance counselor’s office or download here
CHCAA Scholarship Minimum Criteria
Open to African American graduating high school female and male students
- Currently enrolled in a high school in Orange County Schools, Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools or Chatham County Schools (Chapel Hill-Carrboro Area Alumnae Chapter service area)
- Submission of transcript which shows: Minimum GPA: 3.5 requirement for applicants of the Ishna Hall Memorial Scholarship ($2,500) Award Minimum GPA of 3.0 for applicants of the Chapel Hill-Carrboro Area Alumnae Scholarship ($500 – $1,000)
- SAT score of 1,000 or above or ACT composite of 23 or above
- Attend a four year institution of higher education in the USA within the graduating year
- Two letters of recommendation from a classroom teacher and a community service supervisor attesting to character, academic achievement, leadership, and community service
- Well documented proof of a mimimum of 23 community service hours for the Ishna Hall Memorial Scholarship and documentation of community service activities for others
- Interview date, March 21, 2020, 8 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
Applications and additional information is available at your guidance counselor’s office and on our website, www.chcaa-dst.org
Application Deadline: Feb 21, 2020
Applications are also available at your guidance counselor’s office.
Please Contact: your school guidance counselor or CHCAA Scholarship or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919-265-3947
About CHCAA High School Senior Scholarship
Since 1980, the Chapel Hill-Carrboro Area Alumnae Chapter has awarded over $126,000 in scholarships to over 200 students from Orange and Chatham counties.
Chapel Hill-Carrboro Area Alumnae chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. Announces its 2018 Educational Scholarships Recipients! Congratulations to our 2018 CHCAA Scholarship recipients: (pictured) Khalil Barnett, senior, Cedar Ridge High School, he will be attending East Carolina University; Ednaya Hackney, senior, Northwood High School, she will be attending High Point College and (not pictured) Jerrai Burns, senior, Chapel Hill High School will be attending UNC Charlotte. We wish them all success in their professional pursuits.
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. Announces its 2017 Educational Scholarships Recipients
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated encourages and supports the advancement of educational opportunities for all. The Chapel Hill-Carrboro Area Alumnae Chapter of DST carries out the charge by awarding scholarships to graduating students in the chapter’s service are of Orange and Chatham Counties. The chapter has awarded over $150,000 in scholarship aid to 225 students since its chartering on March 18, 1979.
The Chapel Hill-Carrboro Area Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. recently awarded $4,750.00 in scholarships to seven (7) graduating seniors in Chatham and Orange County schools. A reception for the students and their families was held on May 20 in Chapel Hill.
Paul McLaughlin (Chapel Hill High School) will attend Randolph-Macon College in Ashland, VA. received $500; Kayla Merriweather (East Chapel Hill High School) will attend New York University received $750; Arianna Hinton, (Cedar Ridge High School) will attend North Carolina State University received $750; Jamison Dorsey (Northwood High School) will attend The University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill received $750; Kristian Eanes (Northwood High School) will attend Queens College received $750; Qwia-zia Pennix (Jordan-Matthews High School) will attend Elon College received $750; and Alexis Baldwin (Orange High School) will attend North Carolina State University received $500.