CHCAA Scholarship Minimum Criteria
- Open to African American female and male students
- Currently enrolled in a high school in Orange County Schools, Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools, Chatham County Schools, N.C. School of Math and Science (home school/primary residence must be in Orange or Chatham County)
- Plan to attend a two-year or four-year institution of higher education in the United States in the 2018-19 school year
- Achieve a minimum high school unweighted GPA
- (Grade Point Average) of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale.
- Two letters of recommendation
- Submit a 500 word essay
- Scholarships will be awarded in the amounts of
- $500 to $1,000 non-renewable.
Application Deadline: Feb 23, 2018
Applications are also available at your guidance counselor’s office.
Please Contact: your school guidance counselor or CHCAA Scholarship Committee Chair, Ann Wilkerson at 919-265-3947