The Social Action Committee coordinates and keep Chapel Hill-Carrboro Area Alumnae Chapter members informed and actively involved in addressing critical issues confronting our communities both socially and politically.
Traditional activities include voter registration, voter information and forums, and education regarding pending legislation. Annually, the Social Action Committee coordinates Chapter participation in the “Delta Days at the Capitol,” both in Raleigh and Washington D.C.
CHCAA Social Action Newsletters
Download our Oct. Social Action Committee
“Knowledge is Key_Oct” Newsletter
L. to R. Mary Phillips, Lorraine Coleman, Sybil Henderson, Alisha Smith-Freshwater (bottom left pic)
Delta Days in the Nation’s Capitol • Feb. 2017
Download our latest issue of KIP (knowledge is Power) to read a summary of our Social Action committee’s trip to Washington, DC., at Delta Days in the Nation’s Capitol
Pictured above, center – right, Congressman Cedric Richmond, Mary Phillips and other members of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated
- Chapter members participated in Women’s Marches (January 2017)
- Sponsored the “Women Running for Public Office” forum (January 2017 and January 2018)
- Over 50% of our chapter members voted on the first day of early voting in the 2016 general election (November 2016)
- Chapter members attended Delta Days in DC and Raleigh
- Chapter hosted and participated in the Divine 9 NC Legislative Days (2017 and 2018)
- Conducted social media campaign to “Get Out the Vote” (September-November 2016-2018)
- Coordinated “Get Out the Vote” phone-a-thons each Saturday leading up to elections (September – November 2016-2018)