Community Health Coalition (CHC) with our partners’ mission is to “strive to achieve health equity and to eliminate racial health disparities in Durham County and the surrounding areas.” Additionally, CHC’s vision is to have “a society in which all people live long, healthy, active lives full of purpose and promise.”
What Can You Do?
- Take care of yourself and those you love by actively taking a part in your health care.
- Adopt a healthy lifestyle which includes good nutrition and regular exercise. Eat smaller portions and increase whole grains, nuts, and vegetables in your diet.
- Educate yourself on health care. Set goals and ask what your individual goal should be for blood pressure, fasting blood sugar, and cholesterol.
- Participate in health care decisions with your doctor and regularly visit your primary care physician
- Track your family health and know your risks for certain health conditions.
- Get enough sleep, make friends, and engage in religious, social, and community activities.
- Avoid tobacco.
- Ensure personal safety by preventing falls, wearing a seat belt while driving, following fire precautions, and gun and violence control.
- REMEMBER your ABC’s:
Advocate for your health.
Ask your health care provider questions
Be active physically at any age and active by volunteering in nonprofits church community. Believe in the best of ourselves
Control your immediate surroundings by getting fresh air, trying fresh food, developing a fresh positive outlook, and seeking help if needed.
Consult others and use available resources to learn more about your health.
For more information on health equity and health disparities: