Did you make a resolution about voting in the new year? Here are 8 reminders to ensure you can cast votes in the 2018 primary and general elections and beyond. Please take a few minutes now to ensure you’re ready to vote this year in North Carolina.
- Check your voter registration to ensure it is accurate and up-to-date through our “Voter Lookup” tool.
- If you are qualified to vote but not registered in your county, the North Carolina Voter Registration Application is here.
- If necessary, update your registration to reflect necessary changes (address, party affiliation, name, etc.)
- Review the voting options available in North Carolina, including absentee by mail, one-stop early voting, military and overseas voting, curbside voting and traditional Election Day voting.
- Remember voter registration deadlines. The deadline for the November 6 general election is October 12. And of course, you can register and vote at the same time during the 17-day early voting period before each election.
- Visit our “Voter Registration FAQ” page for more information. If you have questions about your voter registration or this year’s elections, contact your county board of elections.
- A calendar of important election dates is available on the home page of the State Board’s website, http://www.ncsbe.gov/.
- Remember to vote in this year’s statewide elections. The general election is November 6.